Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riders of Honor Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoeldinTheGreat

re: For a Brilliant Cause...

Hi guys!

I'm posting here to let you all know about a fantastic opportunity there is to join the guild in helping to further medical research without any (much) effort on your part. Researchers at Stanford University are trying to grasp a better understand of Alzheimer's, Huntington's Parkinson's and Cancers. By using shared computing, over 182,000 PC's worldwide, they are accelerating their research and you could be part of it.

Head over to http://folding.stanford.edu/​ to see their explanation of how it all works and what you'll be contributing.

I've been using this software for months now and have never encountered any problems myself. The program is called, Folding@Home. It uses your computers resources (CPU and GPU) to solve equations which help further medical research into diseases. It is completely configurable so you can turn it on/off when you like, set the level of power etc. You can also track what you are solving/have solved and earn 'points' which relate to how much you have helped research. The guild has a group to keep track of how much we have contributed as a community.

Guild Team Number: 228117

Hoeldin

DahlieDahlie
Guild Master

re: You should totally try it!

Me and Shan already do it and can confirm that it is completely safe and you can adjust when you want it to work or even how much resources of your PC you want it to use!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Riders of Honor Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: